Don’t get me wrong, I love a traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving but sometimes you lack the energy or time it requires to make a homemade from scratch pie. This no bake two-layer pumpkin pie recipe still gives you that great pumpkin pie taste without all the work 🙂
- 5 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thawed cool whip
- 6 ounce ready-to-use graham cracker pie crust
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 2 packages of vanilla instant pudding mix (1 ounce)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- dash of ground cloves, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice
- Beat Neufchatel, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in a medium bowl with whisk until blended.
- Stir in cool whip.
- Spread mixture onto bottom of crust.
- Beat pumpkin, pudding mix, spices and remaining milk with whisk for 2 min. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Spread over cool whip layer.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before enjoying.
Recipe adapted from http://www.kraftrecipes.com
5 cup salad has always been one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner. Easy to make and tastes yummy 🙂
8oz package cream cheese (softened)
1 cup mandarin oranges
1 cup crushed pineapple (I use 1/2 cup)
1 cup coconut flakes (I use 1/2 cup)
1 cup marshmallows (I use 1.5 cups)
Directions: Stir all 5 ingredients in medium bowl until well mixed. Refrigerate overnight, stir before serving
This is a very simple and quick recipe for cranberry sauce. While not my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner it is a tradition that I enjoy 🙂
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
3/4-1 cup sugar
4 cups (12 oz package) fresh cranberries
1. Rinse cranberries making sure to pick out any damaged or bruised ones at this time.
2. Bring orange juice, water and sugar to boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add cranberries to pan and bring back to boil.
4. Lower heat and simmer 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally until most of the cranberries have popped open.
5. Remove pan from heat and allow sauce to cool completely at room temperature.
6. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate overnight.
7. Enjoy 🙂
This Easy Tuna Casserole recipe makes those busy weeknights a little easier and the leftovers are just as yummy 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2-6 ounce cans tuna, drained
- 2-10.75 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 14.5 ounce can of sweet peas, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounce can of French’s fried onions
- Boil elbow macaroni 7-8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×13 dish, combine the macaroni, tuna, soup and peas making sure to mix together well.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with fried onions and bake additional 5 minutes.
The beginning of November seems like the perfect time to make some chili 🙂
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- medium white onion, diced
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounce can pinto chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 16 ounce can red kidney chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 8.75 ounce of corn, drained
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown beef and onions in a skillet then add to large crockpot.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with crackers, sour cream, cheese, green onions or your favorite toppings.