My girls want pancakes 4-5 times a week for breakfast and do not seem to be burning out on them yet. Meanwhile, I need some variety because I am getting tired of making the same pancakes. These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes were a nice change without any complaints 🙂
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups favorite plant base milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Stir in pumpkin, maple syrup and milk until well combined.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan and lightly coat with a vegan butter like Earth Balance.
- Pour some batter on griddle and cook for a couple minutes on each side.