A healthy version of Mac and Cheese that the kids love…priceless 🙂
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance spread
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup plant based milk
- 10 ounce box gluten free pasta, cooked
- Place potato, carrot, onion and 2 cups of water into pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and drain most of water out of pan.
- Stir in Earth Balance spread, nutritional yeast, turmeric and salt until well combined and spread has melted.
- Pour mixture from pan into a blender along with the milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Turn heat on low and pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta. Stir until combined.
- Enjoy 🙂
I also like to mix in Steamed Broccoli http://wp.me/p5jtEl-5P
This Mac and Cheese recipe was adapted from http://www.onegreenplanet.org