Switching the family to a plant based diet has been easier than I expected thanks to finding alternatives to some of the kids favorite foods 🙂 This chickpea nugget recipe is a very good alternative to chicken nuggets.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons gluten free Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup gluten free Italian bread crumbs for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 cup of bread crumbs into a bowl and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients to a food processor for 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of mix and form into nugget shape.
- Coat each nugget with bread crumbs then place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, cook additional 10 minutes.