Trying to find meals that all 4 of my daughters will eat can be quite a task. This cauliflower, potato and quinoa soup was a hit with 3 out of 4 so that is a win for me 🙂
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Prepare quinoa by rinsing with cold water before placing into small pan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook carrot, garlic, red pepper and butter over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, vegetable broth, milk, bay leaves, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve immediately.