My girls want pancakes 4-5 times a week for breakfast and do not seem to be burning out on them yet. Meanwhile, I need some variety because I am getting tired of making the same pancakes. These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes were a nice change without any complaints 🙂
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups favorite plant base milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Stir in pumpkin, maple syrup and milk until well combined.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan and lightly coat with a vegan butter like Earth Balance.
- Pour some batter on griddle and cook for a couple minutes on each side.
The watermelon in this juice makes me think of summertime 🙂
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Wash ingredients and run through juicer.
My wife and kids love oven roasted potatoes for breakfast, dinner or even a snack. These potatoes are simple to make which is a win for me 🙂
- 10-12 baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub potatoes then slice in half and each half into quarters. (do not peel)
- Place potatoes, olive oil and seasonings into large ziploc bag and toss until well coated.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, ranch or sour cream.
A healthy version of Mac and Cheese that the kids love…priceless 🙂
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance spread
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup plant based milk
- 10 ounce box gluten free pasta, cooked
- Place potato, carrot, onion and 2 cups of water into pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and drain most of water out of pan.
- Stir in Earth Balance spread, nutritional yeast, turmeric and salt until well combined and spread has melted.
- Pour mixture from pan into a blender along with the milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Turn heat on low and pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta. Stir until combined.
- Enjoy 🙂
I also like to mix in Steamed Broccoli http://wp.me/p5jtEl-5P
This Mac and Cheese recipe was adapted from http://www.onegreenplanet.org
Switching the family to a plant based diet has been easier than I expected thanks to finding alternatives to some of the kids favorite foods 🙂 This chickpea nugget recipe is a very good alternative to chicken nuggets.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons gluten free Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup gluten free Italian bread crumbs for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 cup of bread crumbs into a bowl and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients to a food processor for 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of mix and form into nugget shape.
- Coat each nugget with bread crumbs then place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, cook additional 10 minutes.