This “Cheesy” Potato Soup recipe from Forks Over Knives The Cookbook is one of my 3 year olds favorites.
- medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- batch of No-Cheese Sauce
- salt and pepper
- green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- large yellow onion, diced
- large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Saute onion in large saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water at a time to keep onion from sticking. Add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in the vegetable broth, bay leaf and potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While the soup cooks, make the no-cheese sauce by combining all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy, adding up to 1/2 cup water if needed.
- Stir in the no-cheese sauce to the soup and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve garnished with green onions and parsley.