While searching for new meatless recipes, I discovered these Spinach Potato Tacos. I am slowly getting my wife to like spinach 🙂
- 10-12 ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed
- medium onion, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup plain plant milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- whole wheat tortillas
- Place potatoes into saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain water from potatoes.
- Roll spinach up in paper towels and squeeze out as much excess water as possible over sink.
- In a large skillet, cook the onions and peppers over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding 1-2 tablespoons of water at a time to prevent sticking. Add the garlic and cumin and cook another minute.
- Mix the spinach, potatoes, milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper into skillet mixture and heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings.