Who knew you could make great tasting, light and fluffy pancakes without any oil or eggs? My kids love pancakes and I love that these multigrain pancakes are healthier than regular pancakes 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving, if desired
- 1 cup fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Gently fold in the plant milk, applesauce and maple syrup with the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat until a few droplets of water dropped in the pan sizzle.
- Spoon batter for each pancake onto the pan and cook 3-4 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve pancakes topped with a little maple syrup and side of fresh fruit.