This cream of cauliflower soup is a delicious meal for your entire family. My 3 year old enjoyed her soup with some black bean chips 🙂 Recipe adapted from the book Plant-Powered Families
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup plain nondairy milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large pot over medium heat, add 1/4 cup of water, onion, sea salt, dry mustard, rosemary and dill seed. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, garlic and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the tahini, 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice, milk, nutritional yeast and remaining 2 cups of water until smooth then stir into large pot with cauliflower.
- Add the bay leaf and remaining 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice, increase heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Use your spoon to break down the larger chunks of califlower, if desired.
- Remove the bay leaf, add lemon juice, and stir before serving.