Looking for a Valentine’s Day breakfast? These banana pancakes with strawberry syrup are a perfect combination 🙂
- 15-20 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- Remove stems from strawberries and cut them into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar, orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Warm over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Make a crater in the middle of mix then add in the milk and banana.
- Mix until there are no dry spots but be careful to not over mix.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and lightly grease.
- Pour on pancake batter and cook each side for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe from Thug Kitchen Cookbook