Black Beans And Rice are a classic that most people enjoy and can range from simple to make to more complex. There are endless combinations of ingredients and seasonings that you can add to get the perfect taste for anyone. This recipe is my wife’s favorite 🙂
- 2 cans (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 8.75 ounce can of corn, drained
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 can of water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together the black beans, vegetable stock, tomatoes, corn, green pepper, water chestnuts and chili powder.
- Heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place several spoonfuls of cooked rice on a plate then ladle bean mixture on top.
- Season with salt and enjoy 🙂