Tuscan White Bean Burgers are a healthy alternative to eating a hamburger. They are full of flavor and fill you up 🙂
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- favorite toppings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cornmeal in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the beans into a large bowl and coarsely mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic and arrowroot powder. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir ingredients until well mixed.
- Make mixture into 4 patties.
- Dredge each patty in the cornmeal and place on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake patties for 20 minutes.
- Use a spatula to carefully flip patties and then bake another 20 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Serve on whole grain buns with your favorite toppings.