I feel it is very important for the kids to start their day with a hot breakfast. This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for those busy early mornings. I started it before going to bed and simply had to serve it upon waking up. Another benefit was the house smelled yummy 🙂
- 30 ounce package of frozen shredded yukon gold hashbrowns
- 1 pound sausage, browned and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- onion, diced
- green pepper, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Use a liner or grease a large crockpot.
- Place half the potatoes in the bottom of crockpot.
- Top with half the sausage, cheese, onion and green pepper.
- Repeat with other half of ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.