My daughter begs me to take her to a certain fast food place every week after gymnastics to get those questionable meat chicken nuggets. I made these delicious homemade chicken nuggets I found at http://www.gimmesomeoven.com to show her how real chicken nuggets taste 🙂
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread panko crumbs out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine panko crumbs, parmesan and thyme in a small mixing bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Rinse off the baking sheet, then cover with parchment paper.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes.
- Season the chicken with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- One at a time, coat a piece of chicken in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip it in egg then transfer to the panko mixture, and toss until it is completely coated (pressing to adhere the panko if needed).
- Transfer to the baking sheet and then repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve chicken nuggets with favorite dipping sauces.