I am always looking for great tasting recipes that reheat well so my wife can take leftovers for her lunch. This Simple Salisbury Steak recipe from http://www.cincyshopper.com is perfect for both 🙂
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 packets brown gravy mix
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all patty ingredients.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use your hands to mix ingredients well and form patties.
- Cook patties on both sides until no longer pink then lower temperature to low heat.
- Whisk together gravy mix and water until well blended.
- Mix ketchup and worcestershire into gravy.
- Pour gravy over patties in skillet and simmer until gravy thickens.
- I served with mashed potatoes and broccoli to complete the meal 🙂