Don’t get me wrong, I love a traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving but sometimes you lack the energy or time it requires to make a homemade from scratch pie. This no bake two-layer pumpkin pie recipe still gives you that great pumpkin pie taste without all the work 🙂
- 5 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thawed cool whip
- 6 ounce ready-to-use graham cracker pie crust
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 2 packages of vanilla instant pudding mix (1 ounce)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- dash of ground cloves, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice
- Beat Neufchatel, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in a medium bowl with whisk until blended.
- Stir in cool whip.
- Spread mixture onto bottom of crust.
- Beat pumpkin, pudding mix, spices and remaining milk with whisk for 2 min. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Spread over cool whip layer.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before enjoying.
Recipe adapted from http://www.kraftrecipes.com