This hamburger potato casserole is the perfect comfort food as the weather gets colder. It fills your belly and not very difficult to throw together…my favorite part 🙂
- 1 pound hamburger
- 8-10 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add onions to skillet and brown hamburger, drain grease.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mushroom soup, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Layer baking dish with half the potatoes, half the hamburger, 1/2 cup of each cheese then half the soup mix. Repeat layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 80-90 minutes until potatoes are tender.
I know it is a good recipe when my youngest wants seconds and then left overs the next morning 🙂