My youngest daughter loves fresh strawberries and bananas so I figured this was the perfect bread for her. I never knew everyone would love it so much 🙂
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter; softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg; beaten
- 2 ripe bananas; mashed
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped strawberries tossed with 1/2 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix egg and mashed bananas into sugar mixture until combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt then slowly add to banana mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Fold in flour covered strawberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- REDUCE heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from http://www.therecipecritic.com