I am always looking for new recipes to try…my poor wife is always my guinea pig on my experiments 🙂 This recipe was adapted from http://www.jaimecooksitup.net
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Garlic Butter Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces.
- Place crackers, salt and pepper into ziploc bag then crush.
- Pour milk, cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small bowls.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking oil.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs. (Make sure you press the cheese and crackers into the chicken so it sticks.)
- Place chicken into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken then bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the cream of chicken, sour cream and butter. Whisk over medium heat until the sauce is hot then serve over chicken.