When I found this recipe for “The Best Snickerdoodle Bars” at http://www.averiecooks.com I was concerned if something so easy to make would really be great tasting. After making this recipe I discovered an easier way to get my snickerdoodle fix from the traditional cookie 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar; packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8×8 baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
- Add vanilla, both sugars, egg and whisk until smooth.
- Add cream of tarter, salt and flour; stir until just combined: DO NOT OVERMIX
- Pour batter into prepared 8×8 pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for topping then sprinkle over batter with a spoon.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool before enjoying 🙂