My first wife has always been an amazing cook and this Middle Eastern Chicken recipe was one of my favorite things she made when we were married. I am thankful that she shared her recipe with me as it is delicious 🙂
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large clove garlic; minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can chick peas; drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 4-5 ounces fresh spinach or baby spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, salt, cumin and olive oil.
- Brush chicken with oil mixture, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet over med-high heat then arrange chicken and add green onions.
- Cook until golden on both sides; about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low-med heat. Add chick peas, lemon juice and water.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook 10-15 minutes or until spinach is done.
- Serve with Royal Blend, wild or your favorite type of rice.