Whether you are a Harry Potter fan or not, there is something awesome about running through a “brick wall” in your home 🙂
In case you do not know what Platform 9 3/4 is, let me explain the importance: This is a platform at King’s Cross Station in London that is magically concealed behind the barrier between Muggle (non-magical folks) Platforms Nine and Ten. Platform 9 3/4 is where Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry students board the Hogwarts Express Train in order to attend school. Students must run through the brick wall in order to board.
What you will need:
- white sheet
- paint brush
- red brick colored paint
- drop cloth
- Hogwarts Express 9 3/4 sign
- Spread drop cloth over work surface then place sheet on top.
- Use the brush to paint your sponge. (This will prevent dripping)
- Make a brick wall pattern on sheet being careful to keep a relatively even space between bricks. I was able to get 3-5 bricks made before painting sponge again.
- After paint has dried, use pushpins to hang sheet over entryway.
- Find the middle of the sheet and cut a slit to allow running through the wall.
- Search for a Hogwarts Express 9 3/4 sign, print and hang at top of platform. (It will print on 2-3 pages so you will need to tape sign together)
- Of course an adult will need to test this out first, you know, to make sure no children will get hurt 🙂