Every Harry Potter fan needs floating candles 🙂 I chose to make an easier version but there are online tutorials for very detailed and time consuming versions. I was worried about how they would turn out but after the reaction from the kiddos…all thumbs up!
What you need:
- battery operated LED tealights-I used an 8 pack
- 0.10 illusion string or fishing line
- white printer or construction paper
- paper towel rolls
- clear tape
- clear pushpins
- Use your scissors to cut paper towel rolls down to a variety of sizes.
- Tape a piece of paper to each roll then wrap roll with paper, tape and trim to fit.
- Use a pushpin to make 2 holes on opposite sides of paper towel rolls 1/2 to 3/4 inch from top for string.
- Cut illusion string into sizes between 12-24 inches in length.
- Thread each line into one hole, through tube and out the other hole then tie or tape ends together.
- Hang each roll from ceiling with a pushpin or tape.
- Add tealight candle to top and enjoy your floating candles 🙂