I found this recipe for Butterbeer at http://www.offbeatandinspired.com and while very good, I was told by a Harry Potter aficionado that it was not as good as what you get in Orlando.
For The Butter Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
For The “Beer”
- 1 IBC cream soda per mug
- Chill your mugs in the freezer while making the Butterbeer.
- Melt butter and 2 tablespoons maple syrup in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until lightly bubbling. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cream, salt and tablespoon of maple syrup to medium bowl and beat with hand mixer until a smooth cream forms.
- Slowly add the heated maple butter mixture to cream while continuing to mix until fully combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of maple butter cream to the bottom of each mug from the freezer, then stir in enough cream soda to almost fill each glass.
- Skim off the soda bubbles and top with cream.
- Enjoy with your favorite Harry Potter fans 🙂