My picky eater would eat pasta for every meal if I allowed her to choose. I decided to attempt a baked spaghetti recipe that hopefully she will enjoy 🙂
- 16 oz package of thin spaghetti
- 1 lb hamburger
- 24 oz jar of marinara
- 1 1/2 cups water
- medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring 4 quarts of water and 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil. While waiting begin next step.
- Brown hamburger, drain, then place to the side.
- Cook onion and garlic for a few minutes in pan you cooked the meat, stirring frequently.
- Add marinara sauce, water and hamburger to pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place spaghetti into boiling water for 5-6 minutes then drain water.
- Put the pasta into a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, then parmesan, then eggs.
- Grease a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of dish.
- Evenly layer with half the pasta, half the sauce, all the ricotta cheese and then half the mozzarella cheese.
- Finish by layering remaining pasta, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake additional 15 minutes.
I made some garlic toast with cheese to complete lunch.