This is one of the best chicken enchilada recipes I have found and super yummy 🙂
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 ounce can of green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2-3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 chopped green onions (optional)
- Use a liner or spray crock pot with nonstick cooking oil.
- Add chicken and 2 cups enchilada sauce.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken then add in chilies and diced onion. Mix well and cook 15 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick oil.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto tortilla, add cheese and fold. Place seam down into dish. Repeat.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over assembled tortillas then top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
Recipe adapted from http://www.addapinch.com