Shepherd’s Pie makes a hearty dinner and great leftovers 🙂
For Mashed Potatoes:
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- salt, pepper and paprika
For Meat Filling:
- 2 pounds lean beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can cream style corn
- 8 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
To Make Potatoes:
- Place potatoes in a pot, fill with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until fork slides into potatoes easily.
- Drain. Add butter and cream cheese to potatoes then mash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To Make Filling:
- In a large pot, cook beef then drain extra grease.
- Add onion, garlic, olive oil, cream style corn, mixed vegetables, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce to the meat.
- Stir filling until well mixed, cover and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×11 glass baking dish, spread a layer of filling then layer of potatoes.
- Repeat with another layer of the remaining filling, then potatoes.
- Top with paprika and bake for 30 minutes.