I was chatting with an old friend today about Hawaii and our conversation made me think about this chicken recipe. I love crock pot recipes 🙂
- 2-3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Place chicken into crock pot.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder.
3. Whisk together brown sugar, pineapple juice and soy sauce then pour over chicken.
4. Cover and cook 5-6 hours on low heat setting.
5. Remove chicken and cover with aluminum foil while you make the glaze.
Personally, I thought the chicken was amazing as is but I made the glaze and some sticky white rice that completed an amazing dinner 🙂
6. Transfer liquid from crock pot to a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove.
7. Whisk together the corn starch and water until smooth.
8. Add to saucepan and continue to boil for 3-4 minutes until glaze thickens.
9. Pour glaze over rice and chicken.
Recipe was adapted from http://www.deepsouthdish.com