This is a super easy way to cook a whole chicken while you handle more important things in life.
- 5 pound whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- Rinse off chicken and place breast up into crock pot.
- Brush chicken with olive oil then season chicken, inside and out.
- Cover and cook chicken on high for 4 1/2 hours.
- Chicken is done when cooked to 165 degrees.
- Baste the chicken with the juices at the bottom of the crock pot.
Let chicken rest for 15-20 minutes before carving and enjoying.
Recipe adapted from http://www.number-2-pencil.com