Earlier this week while at music class my daughter got to pick a rocketship as we blasted off for exploring fun. Not a day has went by since without her asking to play with the pink rocketship again so we decided to build one together 🙂 This project has many creative possibilities and can be as simple or complex as you want.
- cardboard tube-any size from toilet paper to large shipping tube works
- corrugated cardboard for fins
- thin cardboard for tip of rocket (optional)
- construction paper
- glue stick
- stickers, markers, paint, stamps etc. to decorate (optional)
- Cut 3 fins out of the corrugated cardboard and decorate.
- Decorate the tube.
- Using thin cardboard or construction paper cut out a circle about twice the circumference of the tube.
- Cut a slit to center of circle and form a cone for the tip. Hint: You may need to trim to fit.
- Decorate cone then attach with tape or glue to the top end of tube.
- Cut 3 slits into bottom of tube for fins.
- Apply glue to end of fins then slide into slits and secure with tape if needed.
- Time to go exploring with your rocketship!
This will be a hit for all the little rocketship lovers in your family and offers endless possibilities 🙂
Please share your craft ideas as I am always looking for the next project.