In the past I have always made my BBQ chicken on the grill so this was my first attempt at baking it in the oven. It came out better than I expected to be honest 🙂
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- favorite BBQ sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 13×9 glass baking dish
- aluminum foil
- gallon ziplock bag
1. In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, paprika and lemon juice for your marinade.
2. Put chicken in ziplock bag and pour marinade over chicken. Place in fridge for a couple of hours.
3. Add a cup or so of BBQ sauce to chicken and continue to marinate in fridge for a few more hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Take chicken from bag and place into glass baking dish.
6. Brush chicken breast with BBQ sauce before adding salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Brush chicken with BBQ sauce and place uncovered into oven for another 25 minutes. (I added more BBQ sauce to chicken halfway through this cooking time.)
9. Due to a variety of factors, cooking time may be more or less. Cook to internal temperature of 165 degrees at thickest portion of chicken breast.