After finding some yummy strawberries at the local farmers market I decided it was time to find a new recipe. I found this delicious recipe at http://www.justputzing.com and decided to try it out. If you have little helpers they will love helping on this pie.
- pack of 9 full graham crackers
- gallon ziplock bag
- rolling pin or play wooden hammer 🙂
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 carton strawberries sliced into halves
- 2-8oz blocks of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place graham crackers in ziplock bag and crush with tool of your choice:
3. In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together until a crumbly, moist mixture forms.
4. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the sides and bottom of a pie pan then bake for 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely.
5. Use an electric mixer to beat heavy cream until it holds firm peaks.
6. In separate bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
7. Fold about 1/3 whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten then add the rest. Gently fold until evenly blended and smooth.
8. Spoon filling into cooled graham cracker pie crust making sure to spread evenly.
9. Place strawberries on top of the cream.
10. OPTIONAL: melt chocolate plus 1 tablespoon cream stirring until a smooth liquid. Drizzle melted chocolate over strawberries.
11. Place the pie in the fridge for a couple hours before enjoying 🙂