On every New Years Day we always have cabbage, ham and potatoes with cornbread muffins…delicious 🙂 You can not rush perfection so starting this early in the day is best.
- 1 large head of cabbage
- ham (I cheated and bought packaged cubed ham this year…not recommended but works)
- potatoes-use as many or little as you want
- large pot
1. Cut cabbage into cubes, rinse and place into large pot.
2. Peel and cut 5-8 potatoes into cubes then place on top of cabbage.
3. Put cubed ham on top of potatoes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook on low heat for 1-2 hours or until cabbage is cooked down and potatoes are soft.
6. You do not need to add water but if you can’t resist it will not hurt anything…enjoy 🙂