I love meatloaf though a lot of people are not fans. The fact it is so easy to make and doesn’t require any monitoring only makes it tastes better to me.
- 1 lb hamburger
- diced green pepper (optional)
- diced white onion (optional)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 ketchup
- 1/4 brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
3. Remove any rings and make sure to wash hands thoroughly.
4. In a large bowl mix hamburger, bread crumbs, green pepper, onion, brown sugar, garlic powder, egg, worcestershire sauce and ketchup by hand.
5. Place in greased loaf pan and cook 40-50 minutes.
6. While meatloaf is cooking make glaze topping. In a small bowl mix together ketchup and brown sugar with a spoon making sure to break up any chunks of sugar.
7. Remove loaf and spread glaze over top then place back in oven for another 20 minutes.
Add some fresh cooked brocolli and a side of fresh cut fruit to make an easy complete meal for the entire family. Enjoy 🙂